Green Island Films is an award winning Honolulu-based film company that has swiftly earned a reputation as a producer of documentaries focused on hot-button social and political issues.
Our passion is to produce engaging films with cinematic production values and to tell important stories built around incisive interviews with compelling characters and dramatic on-the-spot footage.
The Whole Patient is a feature length film that will document Integrated Medicine in action, through interviews with patients and practitioners and footage of the treatment process. We will follow patients as they struggle to recover from such conditions as opioid addiction, anorexia and PTSD. The drama of their journey to wellness will be intercut by interviews with top researchers, insurers and policy-makers across the country who will discuss the latest science and the need to fully integrate American healthcare.
- Heart disease & cancer account for almost half of all deaths in America. Fueled by obesity, diabetes is fast catching up.
- These diseases are all behaviorally linked – poor nutrition, lack of exercise, smoking, alcohol & drugs.
- A growing body of scientific research from prestigious institutions shows the efficacy of Integrated Medicine in addressing these lifestyle issues, typically at significantly less cost than drugs or surgery.
- Patients are voting with their feet. In huge numbers they are embracing integrative therapies -acupuncture, yoga, chiropractic, nutrition, massage etc.
- This integrated approach to healthcare addresses all elements of wellness -mind, body, spirit and emotion. In other words it treats the Whole Patient.